Sunday, November 28, 2004

a few ramblings

I haven't been too chatty recently... I've been trying to sell some stock in order to get excited about making some new stuff. I sent out an email to a few friends recently and got some sales, so that's always good! I was originally going to do a big craft show at my house this Christmas, but have decided not to do one, in order to just relax and enjoy spending time doing nothing and not feeling the pressures to sell and create when I just feel like hibernating.

Arek and I have also recently been spending lots of time and energy on our dog, who's just been diagnosed with cancer. This has taken a toll, and we are working through the options that are available to him. Who knew we'd be spending time with a veterinary oncologist! Currently he's on prednisone, and he seems to be perking up, and the symptoms seem to be going away. He's only been on it for a few days, so we'll see how things go. All in all a kind of inward-looking couple of weeks.

A few bright spots though in all of this... I bartended my sister's friend's 40th birthday party on Friday and that was a complete blast! The man of honour was very surprised and was really moved by the all the attention, good wishes, friends and family there. As well as the full bar with drink menu chosen just for the occasion! I did some flower arrangements too, with some twigs, red berries and red gerbera daisies and started getting into the festive season. I'll probably some similar things around the house here for Christmas. I can't believe how fast it's approaching!

We're off to see the Tragically Hip tonight (ahh, gordie...). Recently saw the Beastie Boys (awesome), and will go to Fishbone on Friday.... Saw them a few times in the late 80s/early 90s, but then kinda forgot about them till a friend told me about the upcoming concert. Lots of good concerts happening!

No comments: