Tuesday, May 17, 2005


After all the recent stresses, our house has finally sold! Our realtor came by tonight and we signed the final papers, and then we went out and changed the sign. Yippee! Now it can all sink in, and I can really start to picture myself moving to the new place. It all seems so much more real now :) I predict a good night's sleep.


Q: When is the worst time to find out there is water in your basement?
A: When there is an inspector doing a house inspection on your house that is conditional on the sale of that very same house.

Q: When did we find out there was water in our basement?
A: By phone from the inspector while he was with the house buyer in the basement doing the house inspection that is conditional on the sale of our house.

Fortunately, there wasn't a lot. Fortunately, we now know what the problem is, and it's fixable (the tap to the outside when we attach the hose). Unfortunately, they are now adjusting their offer. We find out today by how much they are adjusting their offering price.

Q: When is the worst time to find your sick dog has had house-training accidents?
A: At 2am after a night out on the town, and also at 8:00am when you are already late for work, and basically any time after you have laid new carpet down in order to help sell your house (see above).

Q: When did we find these same accidents?
A: Yes, those very times, several weeks in a row now.

The dog is feeling worse and worse, and we are facing the fact that we will have to make a life or death decision very soon. My brother-in-law suggested the Health Research Institute's Ottawa Personal Decision Guide. Apparently going through the steps helps one make big decisions related to health - ie. life or death, surgery or not, types of therapies or treatments, etc. - looking at pros and cons, and figuring out which works best for you. I'll keep you updated.

Friday, May 13, 2005

going, going, GONE!

The house is conditionally sold!!! Yippee. We got a good price, and the closing date we wanted and everything just seem to fall into place in the right way. Kewl, as my boss would say. We need to wait on the other people's finances and a house inspection, and after that we are free to feel to start packing up. Well, knowing me and my need for deadlines, there is no way I will be packing up 6 weeks in advance, but just to know that I COULD if I wanted to is good enough. :)

Thursday, May 12, 2005

gimme closure!

two offers, first one rejected, second one countered, two new offers, second one rejected, first one countered, way more showings, hopeful for more offers!

Monopoly anyone?