Thursday, August 12, 2004

intense!

I went to a "healing intensive" workshop this weekend. What a weekend! We did lots of meditations of various kinds, did yoga outside at 7:30 every morning!, had a drumming circle with all sorts of different drums, I hooped a lot, and we had various healing sessions. It was wonderful. But at the same time it KICKED MY ASS. Along with the asses of the other participants. What a lot of energy we moved! I found out all sorts of interesting things about myself, and I'm sure everyone there did. We all released anger, disappointed, fear, and other bottled up emotions in various ways through our meditations and dynamic breathing exercises. We are each so powerful, and I often forget that.

Each one of us is unique and beautiful, and strong and gentle. I am all those things and more. It was beautiful to get to know myself and learn to like myself better! I was exhausted by the end of the weekend, and have been doing a lot of my "releasing" since Sunday night, so have been back and forth between the bathroom and bed! As gross as it all is, I know a lot of unneccessary crap is leaving me, and I'm making room for lighter and more lovier things. Basically, I know there's a light at the end of it all!

This has made things a little difficult re: my craft shows this weekend. I'm not finished making all the stuff I wanted to make, and I haven't started to put price tags on things either. Well, I've decided that's ok. I'm spending time with my boy, relaxing, and making a few things here and there, but I am NOT stressing out. I know that I can price things while at the show, and if I am making a few things while sitting behind the table, well perhaps it may even intrigue people to see how things are made, and come and chat. So, yes, a lesson in relaxation.

The other lesson I learned this weekend: not to take your loved ones for granted. My husband's second year of racing has been cut short because of a slightly damaged car.

Yes, he flipped it.

And walked away without a scratch. Unbelieveable. Crazy. No words, really. There was something wrong with the car as he began the race, and he tried to work on it to figure out what was wrong, but couldn't, and that, combined with a wide turn, ended up in a crash. He's been ever so busy this summer, and we were both looking for a way to find more time to spend together. What a universal wake up call! Be careful what you wish for! I always suspected he has got some kind of fantastic angels looking over his safety, and now I know for sure. He will either buy a new car this winter, or rebuild this one, but this time, a roll cage will be first on the list of purchases. Needless to say, we've been spending lots of time together, hugging and being in love.

Take the time to hug your lovely person. You never know what can happen in an instant.

No comments: